Monday, October 1, 2012

Feedbacks of formative task


Based on the data and feedbacks of the formative assessment task, I find my learners were able to fulfil the requirement of the task given. For Criterion A, knowledge and understanding, most of my learners had scored an average of 6-8. They were able to demonstrate good knowledge and understanding of the visual arts studied in relation to societal or cultural or historical or personal contexts. They were also able to communicate a well-developed critical understanding of the visual arts studied. 
For Criterion C, Reflection and Evaluation, my learners were able to reflect critically and in depth on his or her artistic development and processes at different stages of his or her work. Each week, my learners recorded their reflection based on their ideas and development. They had also noted the difficulties they have encountered, and it was resolved. My learners had also carried out an excellent evaluation of their own work. This showed quality of work produced and details of improvements that could be made. They intentionally used feedback in their artistic development, and showed an appropriate consideration of individual artistic processes.
As a result of weekly discussion and tutorials with my learners, I was able to identify which learners required more time and extra effort in understanding the topic. Therefore, I was able to give extra help to the identified students, trying out different approach for learning to take place. Hence, in my next classes, I could pair my learners according to their strength and weaknesses for differentiated learning. I would reflect on previous class activities and lesson, to encourage more learning took place the next few lessons. 
I find my learners showed good commitment in using their own artistic processes. They generally demonstrated curiosity, self-motivation, initiative and a willingness to take informed risks. My learners supported, encouraged and worked among peers in a positive way, with little encouragement. They were generally receptive to art practices and art from various cultures, including his or her own.
 
I provided comments and references to my learners, had class discussion and individual tutorial with them after the formative assessment. The students who were assessed are the ones who benefit from the adjustments. They can use the results to adjust and improve their own learning.I also had collaboration meeting with my colleagues in order to share our personal experiences and difficulties we had in creating the formative task.
 
 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Clinical Utility of the Rorschach Inkblot Method: Reframing the Debate

  Phase   Period     1 1921- 1950s The unbridled optimism period ...